Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

We are provider of medical service (ambulance)...If an employee

Customer Question
doesn't turn in their required...
we are provider of medical service (ambulance)...If an employee doesn't turn in their required paperwork (transport run). Is it ok to give them a target date then drop their next paycheck to paper from direct deposit and require that they see the office manager on payday with ALL the outstanding runs before they can get their check?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
5/29/2015
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick, Esq.
Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.
As an employer, you have a lot of freedom as to what you can do to get employees to follow your direction. You can cut their pay moving forward, you can suspend them, you can give them less desirable job duties, and you can even fire them. But the one thing you can't do is refuse to pay them. You cannot condition the payment of their earned wages on anything, and doing so can get you into serious trouble with the Labor Board. So, unfortunately you will need to re-think your approach, but at least you're not short on other options.
I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.
If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer