Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can my boss hold my check because of memorial day? I work at…

Customer Question
Can my boss hold my...
Can my boss hold my check because of memorial day? I work at dunkin donuts.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
5/27/2015
Employment Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of employment law experience.
Your boss cannot hold your check for any other reason than your failure to meet the requirements of your employment. Even then, they can only hold your check if they have paid you for hours you have not worked and they are holding the check to cover the cost of those hours already paid.
So, in short, your boss cannot hold your check because it is memorial day.
Let me know if you have other questions. Please rate my answer positively as well.
Best wishes going forward!