Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in employment law, unions, contracts, workers comp law
20355756

I need help completing a settlement memorandum. It must include

Customer Question

I need help completing a settlement memorandum. It must include the following:
An objective overview of the basic allegations, defenses and relevant facts;
A realistic assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of each party's position;
A summary of settlement discussions to date;
A statement of settlement expectations (to include settlement offers(s));
A list of the names and positions of those who will attend the settlement conference on
behalf of the party, including identification of the person(s) with the full authority to
settle the case on behalf of the party; and,
• A certification that a person with full authority to settle the case on behalf of the party
will be physically present at the settlement conference.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 2 years ago.

Hello there - - We can assist and for the most part draft the settlement agreement for you but it cannot be under the regular Just Answer subscription program. Such legal work is a lot more work and intensive work at that. This must be submitted to Customer Service so that an Additional Services OFfer can be prepared for you and offered to you . if you do not want to accept it after review, that is your choice. - Would you like an Additional Services Memo prepared ? -

-

MARY

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had another question to ask concerning this case. I had a settlement hearing in front of the magistrate. He talked to me and the defendants seperate. Two people from the Attorney General's Office and to two people from VADOC headquarters HR department were present. The outcome was that they are going to try to put me in a postion that has the same pay that I was making when I was in security. They are trying to say that I am not entitled to back pay or pay for emotinal distress. The magistrate is saying that he thinks this is the best thing in my favor because he feels that by me representing myself it would be hard for me to get all of the evidence I need to be successful in a trial. We are suppose to try to work things out before June 22, 2015, if not we have to go back before the magistrate on June 22, 2015 to have him make the final decision. I was demoted in 2011 as the only means of religious accommodation when I requested it. There were positions that were shifts that were open that would have accommodated me without being demoted. Now the only compenstation they want to give me is a higher paying job and over look back pay. I want to know if I am entitled to back pay. I would like some advice in this matter.