Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Do I have to file work safety complaint if I am exposed to…

Customer Question
do I have to file...
do I have to file work safety complaint if I am exposed to poisonous lacquer thinner?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
5/23/2015
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: Washington
What have you tried so far?: I told to supervisor about the work with this lacquer thinner required the ventilation and several workers already fill sick because of poisoning, but ventilation is still turned off. Workers cough, fill dizziness and strong head ache. We work with this lacquer thinner about one month, several workers quit because of poisoning.

Response: Yes, you do. You need to contact OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration.) Click on the links below for contact information and complaint process:
https://www.osha.gov/oshdir/wa.html
https://www.osha.gov/as/opa/worker/complain.html