How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been replaced at my job by a worker who is paid under

Customer Question

I have been replaced at my job by a worker who is paid under the table at $3/hr less than me. I was fired "for cause" but I believe it was to cut the fat(my salary). UC is denied. Any recourse? I need UC!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information and your question. Can you please tell me what the "cause" was and was it a legitimate factual reason? What I mean is not what you think the motivation was, but was there a basis for a "for cause" termination? Also, have you filed your appeal with the UI Commission?
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
I see where you read my request for more information but not where you responded. If you still need assistance I will need that information before I can assist you. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact customer service for the Site and ask them for a refund of any deposit you might have left with them.

Related Employment Law Questions