Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have been replaced at my job by a worker who is paid under

Customer Question

I have been replaced at my job by a worker who is paid under the table at $3/hr less than me. I was fired "for cause" but I believe it was to cut the fat(my salary). UC is denied. Any recourse? I need UC!
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information and your question. Can you please tell me what the "cause" was and was it a legitimate factual reason? What I mean is not what you think the motivation was, but was there a basis for a "for cause" termination? Also, have you filed your appeal with the UI Commission?
Hello again,
I see where you read my request for more information but not where you responded. If you still need assistance I will need that information before I can assist you. If you no longer need assistance, then you can contact customer service for the Site and ask them for a refund of any deposit you might have left with them.