Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Can your employer substitute your overtime pay went your are…

Customer Question
Can your employer substitute your...
Can your employer substitute your overtime pay went your are intitled to payed sick days. Ihave payed sick days that I havent used yet. And they are take my over pay away from. Is that legal
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
5/22/2015
Employment Lawyer: John, Employment Lawyer replied 3 years ago
John, Employment Lawyer
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.
I'll need to ask you some preliminary questions before I can give you an answer to your question.
First, what state are you in as different states have different definitions of overtime. Second, can you explain in detail the hours worked per workweek...it seems you are saying you worked 16 hours of overtime one week then took sick day(s) the next week...is that correct?