Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was told I should be medicated by my boss multiple times…

Customer Question
I was told I should...
I was told I should be medicated by my boss multiple times and he said it to me in front of another coworker before, is that even legal? He said it in a way to criticize my work.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Employment Law
5/21/2015
Employment Lawyer: wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer replied 3 years ago
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This could be considered harassment if he is making these comments towards you due to an actual disability. Under the ADA, it is against the law to discriminate and harass an employee for a disability, and you can file an EEOC civil rights complaint against your employer, and explore a lawsuit.
I don't have any form of disability or have any clinical need to be on medication. Does that take away from the comments value in court?
Yes, as the law only protects employees in protected classes, if you can argue he is doing this due to your age, gender, race etc., a lawsuit and civil rights complaint can be brought, the law in NC, allows for any other type of bullying if not made towards an employees civil rights.
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer