Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Filing Petition - quit job because of unobtainable increase

Customer Question
Filing Petition for Review -...
Filing Petition for Review - quit job because of unobtainable increased work load
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/14/2015
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question we can assist you with today?
Appeal denied, files Petition for Review yesterday. I quit my job 6/30/14 because of unobtainable production demands for medical transcription. Union negotiations ongoing but the union not able to reduce production demands until Jan 2015. After I quit, voluntary layoff offered. Mass exodus of MTs to early retirement or vol layoff. L&I claim for right hand work-related injury closed mid July 2014, back to my "regular" job, which wouldn't have been the same with production demands. Thank u
Thank you for your reply.
The problem you have with quitting because of work volume and unattainable production goals is that they are subjective and under the WA law you have to prove that the terms and conditions of employment were so dramatically changed that the reasonable employee could not continue under those conditions.
So in order to fight this denial, you need to present witnesses to testify about the production goals imposed on you would not be able to be met by even the best employee and as such imposing these production requirements on you would thus had significantly changed the terms and conditions of your employment such that a reasonable employee could not have tolerated those conditions.
Where was your appeal denied, at what level?
Tina, Lawyer