Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
11313492

I was required to do a DOT drug screen . I am not

Customer Question

I was required to do a DOT drug screen for work. I am not a CDL driver and not regulated by DOT. I also was on Prescription Medication which is Marinol and Shows up as THC on a drug test it was verified and the MRO reported my drug test as Negative with a safety concern and now they are wanting to make me go through return to duty testing when I'm not under DOT guidelines. They also had me on speaker phone in an office full of people and divulged the results over the phone.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello, are you asking if the testing is legal? were you singled out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im asking if is legal to use DOT testing methods on me when I am not a DOT employee and I do not have a CDL. I am also asking if it was legal for the MRO to disclose my medical information to my employer in which in return disclosed it to others that I work with
None of this is legal. You never submitted to it and are not under its jurisdiction. You may contest it internally or with the labor board. You may also do so through counsel. would you like a directory for that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes please.
Gladly, the top options for that are martindale.com and findlaw.com which lawyers use too. You can select an employment lawyer locally, highly rated in your area.