Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am receiving SSI. I am only getting 480$ per month. My

Customer Question

I am receiving SSI. I am only getting 480$ per month. My brother just received his SSI and it is 1600$ per month. I cannot live on this. What can I do to get my SSI enough to support me through the entire month?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: The amount of your SSI is determined by review of your assets and resources. If your assets and resources have changed since the last time you applied, you need to contact the local office of Social Security Administration so that your file could be reviewed for possible increase.