Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Can you be suspended from work without prior write-ups when you are un

Customer Question
dergoing treatment for Breast Cancer...
Can you be suspended from work without prior write-ups when you are un dergoing treatment for Breast Cancer? I was told I was a bully and unprofessional and to go home and not come back to work until she tells me to come back.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
5/8/2015
Employment Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Do you mean generally going through treatment, or being suspended while you are actually away at an appointment? Also, can you tell me if your employer has at least 50 employees within a 75 mile radius, and you have worked for the employer at least 1 year and at least 1250 hours in the past year?
Tina, Lawyer