Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I am a full-time employee who was offered insurance riders

Customer Question
through an insurance company other...
I am a full-time employee who was offered insurance riders through an insurance company other than my current medical insurance. So, at the time I was offered, it sounded okay, the agent said it pays for itself so I thought I couldn't lose anything. Well, I signed up in October of 2014 and the insurance was to go in effect Jan. 2015. I received my policies in the mail two of them, but after I looked it over, I decided I was not interested in this type of insurance. Also, I was misled by the agent who said the insurance will pay for itself. Because of my discoveries, I decided to cancel my policies. I cancelled within the time allowed to cancel (which was stated in my policy as 30 days. I received a letter confirming my request but the deductions continued. Then the insurance company got in touch with me and told me I couldn't have my refund, nor can I cancel my policies, because of the fact it is pre-tax dollars. Is that correct, why would they print something if it is not possible. I just want my money back for the insurance that I do not want. Is there a 30-day review grace period in Hawaii when you purchase insurance? Do I have a case?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 6 days by:
5/14/2015
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello, what outcome are you seeking at this point? recovery of the refund?
Tina, Lawyer