How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wallstreetfighter Your Own Question
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
wallstreetfighter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received someone else's medical records instead of mine at

Customer Question

I received someone else's medical records instead of mine at my doctor appointment and my doctor prescribed medication based on those records. My faith in my doctor has suffered because of this. Is there something I can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  wallstreetfighter replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This is a serious issue, and you can file a HIPPA complaint against the Doctor, they will investigate the matter and fine the medical office, you should also advise them in writing of this major error.
You can also advise the patient whose information was disclosed to you, and they could bring a private lawsuit against them as well.