How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19302
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got hurt pretty bad on a job and my company didnt send me

Customer Question

I got hurt pretty bad on a job and my company didnt send me to the hospital or record it cause they didnt wanna mess up their safety record so they hired me back after about 5 months and then fired me a month later so do I still have a lawsuit case
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
You can file a complaint for either worker's compensation coverage, if they had that coverage, or if they did not you can sue them in personal injury for your medical issues incurred during your time working there. You have to be quick about it though. WC has a notoriously short statute of limitations in most states, as do personal injury claims. It would be wise to get something filed within the next year. Worker's compensation is more specialized than general personal injury claims, so it would be best to go to a WC attorney first and ensure that it actually is a WC case. If not, many WC attorneys are also personal injury attorneys and can take the case also.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I crushed 4 of my lumbar vertebraes on my right side and couldnt walk for a month and they didnt seek me medical attention
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I understand and that's terrible of them, but it doesn't really change what you have to do here. All it does is increase the potential damages that the employer will have to pay in either Worker's compensation or the personal injury suit. Unfortunately, when an employer is not prepared to do the right thing, the only way to force them is through a court action. You have to find a local Worker's compensation attorney. Call your state bar association there and ask for names of worker's compensation attorneys. Then take those names and review them at to see their peer review ratings before you call them. This is how I find local counsel when I need it.