How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 8184
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was employed as a public school teacher until 2009. I retired

Customer Question

I was employed as a public school teacher until 2009. I retired due to health, when the school system refused to accommodate me by relieving me of non-classroom duties, due to lupus and spinal arthritis. At the time, the president of the teachers union asked me not to take action as the teachers union had a good working relationship with the school committee. I did nothing. Now, 5 years later, I am living on 33K per year and finding it very difficult. Do I have any options or is it all lost due to the time element.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
The eeoc is a federal agency charged with reviewing discrimination complaints. is its site and you can pursue a complaint using it. you can consider but time factor is a defense. Consider local counsel reaching out to negotiate. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.