Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
10285032

I was asking about extension on unemployment after 26 week

Customer Question

I was asking about extension on unemployment after 26 weeks
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.

Can you please tell me what your specific question is and also what State the person is collecting unemployment benefits in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kentucky, after 26 weeks, is there an extension to unemployment?

Thank you for the information and your question. Unfortunately, I can't find the information you are asking for, so I will opt out and allow another expert to assist you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am afraid that there is some bad news here. The Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) which was the extension of benefits for those who were unemployed was terminated on January 1, 2014. Thus, there are no further emergency extensions of unemployment in Kentucky at this time. I am sorry, but once the 26 weeks end now, you are no longer eligible for the extended or continuation of benefits under the federal extension programs (none of the programs were state extensions, they were federally funded extensions).