How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work for a Home Health agency and drive my own car. I get

This answer was rated:

I work for a Home Health agency and drive my own car. I get paid an allotted monetary amount per visit and taxes are taken out of my check. I receive an allotted amount of $1.27 per visit for my gas allowance. Is it an IRS policy to pay by the mile?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns


. To answer directly, IRS policy permits for an 'either/or' approach. An employer may either give you a formal allowance for travel on their behalf, or permit you to write off based on a set amount of miles. The option here is yours based on taxes, but the employer is not required to compensate you at the IRS limit--they can either offer you more or less based on your own internal agreement with the employer.


Hope that clarifies.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much.



You are most welcome and glad to help! If you found my information to be useful, kindly do not forget to positively rate my answers to you so I can obtain credit for my work. Thank you!