How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19306
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

is it harrasment when the employer on a weekly basis sends

This answer was rated:

is it harrasment when the employer on a weekly basis sends of memo of sighting specific an job imcompletion or unsatisfaction of a job done when there is no basis for it?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today. I bring nearly 20 years of experience in various legal disciplines.

Are you being singled out based on your race, religion, gender, age, disability or FMLA use?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe it may have to do with age and weight, i am over weight

I didn't list weight because that is not an illegal basis for discrimination in this country. An employer could overtly discriminate on the basis of weight.

As for age, if you are over 40 and have some evidence that you are being singled out based on that fact, then certainly the behavior can count as a form of harassment or discrimination against age.

The action, by itself, isn't illegal at all. There must be that illegal motivation for the actions of the employer to be illegal.

If you believe your age is the basis for this treatment, you need to first make a report to the company HR specifically stating that you believe your age is the basis. This is not really done because we believe that HR will help. They usually don't. It is done to take away any defense by the employer that they were never given a chance to cure the situation.

Once HR doesn't help, you're then set up to contact the EEOC in your state to file a complaint of age discrimination so that they can investigate the matter for you.
Allen M., Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you