TexLaw
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
17219180

find employment discrimination case Brisco v Cravath

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your legal question.

Not all cases are reported, and many are not available on line. In fact, most records are only available for public viewing in the paper file at the agency or courthouse where it was heard.

That being said, do you know where this case took place and whether it proceeded to a federal appeals court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this case was in New York. I know the plaintiff won

Thank you for your response. A search through the legal databases of published cases shows that this case is not published.

How did you hear about the case?

Do you know in what city it took place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was in New York. This person was employed at Cravath was terminated and sued and won. The attorney representing this case would be familiar with cases of employees who worked for 15+ and was terminated and hostile work environment

I believe I'm assisting you on your other question.

I've searched through the civil cases filed in the NYC Supreme Court civil division and have not located the case.

This case is unreported. Thus, the only records of it will be publically available in the EEOC's files at the NY District Office in NYC or in the court in which the case was filed if it proceeded past an EEOC hearing (which I assume if going to be the NY federal court).

In order to obtain the case file on the case, you will need to contact the EEOC and ask if the case file may be examined without a FOIA request. If not, then you will have to file a FOIA request for it.

Do you have the full name of the plaintiff?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wyllieytte Brisco v. Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP

I will contact EEOC and ask if the case file can be examine

The acronym FOIA stands for...

It does not appear that this case was filed in the federal district court, after searching those court records.

FOIA stands for Freedom of Information Act. There is a link on the page I gave you for the EEOC which will take you to a FOIA request form.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am credited by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Kind regards,
Zachary
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think I have an EEOC link

My apologies: http://www.eeoc.gov/field/newyork/

Kind regards,
Zachary