How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5619
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going to resign from my job in the morning. I have been

This answer was rated:

I am going to resign from my job in the morning. I have been called back from layoff from a past employer. I will be turning in my uniforms and phone and credit card that was issued in my name for fuel purchases in company pickup. My question is do I need to cut the company credit card in half ?
Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m happy to assist you with your question today.

Congratulations on being recalled to your position. The issue of what is to be done with a company credit card upon termination is totally a matter of the employer's policies. There is no law dictating what you must do with it. But your employer may have a policy of what it wants you to do with it. I imagine you are concerned that someone at the company will take it and/or use it on their own a blame you for its use. This is why it is important 1) that you return it to the proper company-designated person, and b) get written receipt confirmation that they received it from you. This way, if there is ever a dispute regarding the use of the card, you can prove that it was not your usage of the card.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

John and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank You Greatly ! What if perhaps the designated company personal ..."Gets his feathers ruffled" and refuses to sign recepit conformation of card.... Keep it in my possession ?...FYI ...I looked at handbook and see nothing of policy of returning company property.
Bob, if that happens. Then the next best thing you can do is write your own receipt. IN other words after you returned it and other stuff. Go home and write a letter explaining that 1) you returned the property to X at X time and date, and that 2) he/she refused to write a receipt for the same, 3) and that if they believe you have not returned all property then they should contact you immmediatley.

Related Employment Law Questions