How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon, Esq. Your Own Question
Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 1953
Experience:  Has received a certificate of recognition from the California State Senate for his outstanding legal service.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Brandon, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can an electrician thats in school get B rate prevailing wage

This answer was rated:

Can an electrician thats in school get B rate prevailing wage ?i I was let go because someone asked what the PW was

First, let me say that I am terribly sorry to hear that you are in this situation. It is a shame when an employer makes a decision without legitimacy, especially when that decision is quite frankly wrong.Under the National Labor Relations Act, it is unlawful for an employer to try to prevent you from discussing wages and working conditions with other employees. If you were laid off for talking about wages and not for some other reason, then you should highly consider speaking with an employment attorney in your area to bring a lawsuit for wrongful termination.

If you decide to hire an attorney a great resource is This is a nationwide directory that is useful in finding highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. The lawyers in Martindale are not selected because they paid to be included, but rather because they have been rated by other attorneys as qualified experts in their field. Consider consulting with two or three different attorneys willing to take your case prior to selecting the one you feel most comfortable with.

If you decide to bring such a lawsuit yourself, you would need to file your complaint in a court of competent jurisdiction in your area, though if you can get the student to admit that this is why you were fired, or if you can get any proof whatsoever that this is the reason you were terminated, then you would have a strong case.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further. If you do not require any further assistance, I would be most grateful if you would remember to provide my service a positive rating, as this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful rest of your day.

Brandon, Esq. and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you