Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I want to create my resume and publish it online on websites

such as Linkedin. I wanted...
I want to create my resume and publish it online on websites such as Linkedin. I wanted to put my accomplishments on the resume such as having conceptualized and grown the company's revenue for one of their businesses from 0 to x Million dollars. It is a private corporation company.
Can I be held liable because of indicating such numbers on my resume, which could be used by competitors to find out more about the revenue of the company (such as about this businesses I headed)?
What if I make it more discreet by indicating that the business is now y % of the company's total revenue?
10/6/2013
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Infolawyer :

Infolawyer :

You may publish your accomplishments but should avoid referencing numbers

Infolawyer :

doing so would be a breach of confidentiality

Infolawyer :

and it is not public information

Infolawyer :

You may then either refer to accomplishments generally

Infolawyer :

or ask company's management for consent to be more specific and get such consent in writing

Infolawyer :

In short, avoid use of all numbers, stats and reference to specifics unless company gives you clearance to do so.

Infolawyer :

I wish you the best.

Infolawyer :

Kindly let me know if the answer is acceptable

Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer