Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Employment Law Expert
11068102

I was an "at will" employee and was terminated based on false

I was an "at will" employee and was terminated based on false statements by the manager. It can be verified that the statements were false. Is there a legal remedy I can pursue?

Dwayne B. :

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Dwayne B. :

No, unfortunately with at will employees they can be terminated for any reason other than one like race, age, gender, etc. They can even be terminated for a lie or a false reason.

Customer:

OK. Thanks you.

Dwayne B. :

Anything else I can answer for you?

Dwayne B. :

I wish this was better news but the law is pretty set on this issue.

Customer:

No. Just wanted to see if I had a recourse. Thank you.

Dwayne B. :

You're very welcome and I do wish you the best on this. Please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work.

Customer:

Excellent is my rating. Thanks again.

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR DWAYNE B” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.