How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JBaxLaw Your Own Question
JBaxLaw, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 11396
Experience:  Government and private sector employment law experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
JBaxLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was employed in a County Government position until 8/9/2013

This answer was rated:

I was employed in a County Government position until 8/9/2013 when I retired. I learned yesterday that employees were given a 2% retroactive raise increase back to 12/1/2012. I was just told that I would not be receiving a check for the back pay increase even though I worked during that time period. Is this information correct?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. Where were you employed?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Marshall County Highway Department, Lacon, IL for almost 17 years.

Raises, even ones which are retroactive, do not impact employees who are no longer working. Certainly, an employer could include persons who recently retired. There is no requirement to do so. The raise likely only impacts those working currently and the that is permissible under the law.

Please follow-up as needed. I appreciate your use of this service. Please take a moment to leave a positive service rating so that I am credited with assisting you.

Thank you
JBaxLaw and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you