Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

i was discharged because the owner didn,t think i was due the

right thing.i have been in...
i was discharged because the owner didn,t think i was due the right thing.i have been in the business 50 years ..my owners refused to keep the equipment in working shape..this is a dry cleaning plant.they advertised the job on crag list 2 days before i was let go. thanks for your help this took place in florida
9/20/2013
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Good Morning: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to read about your difficulty.

Could you explain a little more?

What is your question?

i want to know if i was removed from job wrongly

Thank you for the information. However, I need more information to go on. Could you explain your situation a little more?

the dry cleaning equipment did not work well couldn't clean whites they told me to wash all whites i told them the customer brought them in to be dry cleaned not washed they said wah them any way silks dry cleaned came out grey i got them back to white but they believe it was me not the equipment..they know nothing about the dry cleaning business they meaning husband and wife each tell me to do it their way even if its wrong..i had a talk with the husband on sept 12 and he said i was getting to old for the job but on tues 17 of sept i worked 11 hours due to equipment failure do i have any rights the female owner hasen't spoke to me since i asked for 4 days off at christmas to see my grand children

Thank you for the information:

Your initial post:

Response
: You may have a case for age discrimination if the owner told you that you were getting too old for the job and then several days later you were let go. However, you would not be able to file claim against the employer for age discrimination with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission if your employer does not have 20 or more employees. For more information, click on this link. You can however file lawsuit against the employer for wrongful termination.

You can use the following sites to find local labor and employment Attorneys to assist you with your case:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

You should also apply for unemployment benefits. I see that you have already done so.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law