How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5686
Experience:  Exclusively practice labor and employment law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I submitted a complaint about treatment of women by my supervisor

This answer was rated:

I submitted a complaint about treatment of women by my supervisor being different than treatment of men.

I reconsidered, realizing that I would still have to work with this man, and what did I really have to gain

One week later, I was sent a "final notice" about my "false accusations" against my manager and my emails which they said were already being investigated prior to my complaint.

They say that they can say the accusations were false because I rescinded my complaint. I've worked here 15 years
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. I do not agree with the employer's assumption here that the report was false just because you rescinded it, and the law wouldn't either. The law is clear that it would be unlawful retaliation against an employee for making such a report; whether it was withdrawn or not. And absent you recanting that your report to the point that you said it was false, adverse treatment to you because the report would be considered unlawful retaliation. If you are retaliated against in the terms of your employment, you should consider filing a charge of discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for gender discrimination retaliation; even if you are a man...the fact that they retaliated against you for the report is what matters. You can learn how and where to file a charge with the EEOC here.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My situation is not unique. This is MetLife. Can you take my case or refer me? I am a leading producer and they are trying to get rid of all of us.

I understand, and truly empathize with you from personal experience. Unfortunately, the terms of service of this website prohibit us from taking cases through the site.

Martindale Hubbell is a great resource to help you find an attorney in this specialization – simply search by your are and the specialty of employment law.

John and 4 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you