How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I work for a large Oil company as a Field Engineer. I was discriminated,

This answer was rated:

I work for a large Oil company as a Field Engineer. I was discriminated, I have no doubts, White guy made an error, the Mexican is guilty. I have the proofs for that. (Job folders, Managers and HR emails, phone messages, and Activites logs, performance reports), I complained and raised my voice, but now they blocked me whit no more field job, therefore no field incentive on my pocket only base salary.
My employer can't fire me because my good performance reports and the nature of my discrimination, they tryed to make me look like unexperienced, and I proof it was not my fault. After some args with HR and my managers, they are pushing me to work on anhother position I did hold 1 1/2 year ago, similar, but less salary and diferent activities, but I have this contract for my actual position and the description of the job. There is not ashame on work on it, but is the way they are punishing me. I think if I accept, they will find later a reason to fire me.
I'm already looking for a job elsewhere, as my manager threated me.

Is a good Idea to quit? if it does not afect the case or make it better?
Or quit till I find a new Job? Will affect the case?
Or Continue "working" but no accept their punishment? (This will lead to more pressure and no more field work/incentives) and wait they fire me?
Accept it, but, Will I have a chance to succesfully claim discrimination continuing working on the other position?

Hope all this is quite clear... Thank you

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,


I am sorry that you are being discriminated against by your employer. You should file a formal Complaint called a "Charge" with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC") and you do not have to leave your job to file this Complaint. In fact, once you file your formal Complaint with the EEOC, your employer cannot fire you or take any retaliatory action against you because the EEOC will make your employer pay fines and penalties.


You should take copies of all the evidence you have and go to the nearest EEOC Office to you. You did not state where in Texas you are located, so I am giving you the address of all the EEOC District Offices in Texas,




Dallas District Office

Location:207 S. Houston Street
3rd Floor
Dallas, Texas 75202
Director:Janet V. Elizondo
Regional Attorney:
Robert Canino
Office Hours:
The Dallas District Office is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Intake assistance for filing a charge is regularly available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Everyone visiting our office must present a photo ID at the security desk at the building entrance.

Individuals wishing to file a charge of discrimination may walk in from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and be seen by our Intake staff on a first come first serve basis.


Houston District Office

Location:Total Plaza
1201 Louisiana St.
6th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002
Director:R.J. Ruff Jr.
Regional Attorney:
Jim Sacher
Office Hours:
The Houston District Office is open Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Walk-In Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (Monday - Friday)
Appointments: 1:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday)



San Antonio District EEOC Office
Mockingbird Plaza II
5410 Fredericksburg Road
Suite 200
San Antonio, TX 78229
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>The San Antonio District Office is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CST)



You can also file a formal Complaint about employment discrimination with the State:

State Fair Employment Practices Agency

Texas Workforce Division, Civil Rights Division
XXXXX, Room 144T
Austin, TX 78701
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/> Toll Free:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>



Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,


If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,


Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,





Andrea, Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you