Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

i let go a problematic 10/99 employee last wedesday. he found

a job 2/10 of a...
i let go a problematic 10/99 employee last wedesday. he found a job 2/10 of a mile from my business and he is spreading lies though clients obtained by my business and facebook..please help..ive worked very hard to have a good rep in my town and i dont want to loose face..ive not res[pnded to the banter and it still persists
8/24/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If he is making known false statements about you and your company, you have legal recourse to sue him for defamation/libel and seek to obtain an injunction against him to force him to remove any such negative posts as well. A person cannot make known false statements against you and your business causing your business harm and do so with immunity. You can send him a cease and desist letter if you like and ask him to remove all comments and tell him if he refuses you will sue him for damages or you can just go to court and sue him, your choice, but if you do go to court, because you are a business you would need an attorney to represent your company in any suit in court.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney