Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

How is a "temoprary" position defined? I have been in a "temporary"

How is a "temoprary" position...
How is a "temoprary" position defined? I have been in a "temporary" position for the past 9 1/2 years. I have been told that since the position was termed temporary, I am not entitled to any benefits of a regular employee even though I have been working full time.
8/23/2013
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Employment Lawyer

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. Are you employed through a temporary employment agency?

Thank you

I was employed through a tempoprary agency in 2004. The employer changed temp agencies and told me I had to change my temp employer if I wanted to stay at my job. The employer once again changed temp agencies and once again informed my I had to change my temp employer. Through this period I remained at individual temp agencies for over two years a piece until I was told I had to change tagencies.

So long as you are employed via this outside employer, the temporary employment agency, then you are considered a temporary employee. There is no requirement for benefits for such an employee. Your actually employed with the temporary placement agency and would need to negotiate with them for benefits or negotiate to be hired directly with this company.

Please take a moment to leave a positive service rating. I would appreciate it. I rely on these ratings to provide information here.

Thank you
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Employment Lawyer
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Employment Lawyer