Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

Ive been having problems at work with my boss. I went to the

I've been having problems at work with my boss. I went to the doctor & found out the my blood pressure was up so I took a FMLA.During my FMLA I decided to retire. I found out my boss had paper to fire me while I was out on FMLA. I live & work for the state of Texas, can the state prevent me from receiving my retirement?
Hello

Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating. If there are no other questions in this regard then I thank you in advance for your positive rating

Was your resignation/retirement accepted or were you terminated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I have not been terminated. My retirement will be effected as of August 31.
Hello

Then no. You cannot be barred from your pension as long as you qualify for it due to your state service.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What if my termination paper is dated before the 31st while I'm out on FMLA, could that affect my retirement then?

Hello

Not if they accepted your resignation.