How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118707
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State of Oregon LLC company has person living in Maryland working

This answer was rated:

State of Oregon LLC company has person living in Maryland working remotely. What are the payroll tax obligations? Do they need to register in Oregon and/or Maryland? And any other information they may need to be in compliance with all payroll laws.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If the person is an employee working in MD, then MD payroll taxes must be paid to the employee. If the corporation is actually conducting business in MD, not merely employing someone working in MD, then they need to register as a foreign business entity, but if the employee is merely working in MD for the Oregon company, they do not need to register as a foreign business entity, they must just pay payroll taxes (unemployment, workers compensation and income taxes) in MD.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would you happen to have a link to where to register for payroll tax filing for Maryland?

Thank you for your response.

You would contact the Comptroller of MD at:
Law Educator, Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you