How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a bus driver and recently got married. Both my husband

This answer was rated:

I am a bus driver and recently got married. Both my husband and I work at the same place. Over a year ago my husband had an affair with a married women from our work place. She is a Union steward, the affair ended in April of 2012. Since then she has filed a false complaint of harassment on my husband. We went to our employer and union about this and we have done everything we can to stay out of her way. She has made a point of showing up everywhere we are. She even at one point tried to get a co-worker to make a false statement against my husband. After our marriage in 2013, we got back from our honeymoon and she again filed a complaint of harassment against my husband. We since have dropped out of the Union because of her position as a steward and no help from the Union with this problem. Now my husband is in trouble with another problem at work and might lose his job. The problem he has now has nothing to do with her and she is getting involved in this issue to get him fired. Even though we are no longer Union members and she has filed a harassment charge against him, why is she going out of her way to get involved in this? The union is suppose to help the workers. How can I file a complaint against the union to make this stop. If my husband should happen to lose his job, I'm I next? Can you please help me or give me some advice.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The first step here is that your husband has a right to defend his job and defend himself against this allegation. This means he really should consider using an attorney to defend himself against her allegations as it does increase his chance of success.

Second, you need to go to the union elected officials above this woman if you have not done so already and if you have done so and they have failed to take action, then your next step is a complaint of unfair labor practices against her and the union for the harassment against your husband. You would file the unfair labor practices complaint with the Labor Board for their investigation.

Third, if she is continuing to make false allegations against your husband, your husband needs to file a civil suit against her for defamation and harassment and bring his claims against her to civil court to seek damages from her as well as a restraining order against her to prevent further harassment.

These are your legal options to deal with this type of nightmare in the workplace.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you