How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wallstreetfighter Your Own Question
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 17223
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
wallstreetfighter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

While working as a special needs teacher, initially there were

This answer was rated:

While working as a special needs teacher, initially there were help to deal with challenging students with behavior issues but for the last 2-3 years administration refused or gives blind eye to my requests for help. I had bouts of anxiety and depression with hypertension. I was taken to the hospital and was admitted for 4 days. Over there all my tests were done and it was cleared that it was tension and anxiety related bout of hypertension but such episodes were ongoing at my work. Due to hyper excitable states for prolonged period of time like approximately 2 years. Now Workers Comp are denying my right to get disability benefits. can you help me?? How much you will charge me??

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is an unfortunate situation, you should consider first retaining a workers compensation attorney to help you obtain benefits,

wallstreetfighter :

in terms of disability, you would need to have a permanent medical condition, that is severe enough that you cannot work for a minimum of one year,

wallstreetfighter :

Disability" under Social Security is based on your inability to work. We consider you disabled under Social Security rules if:

  • You cannot do work that you did before;

  • We decide that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s); and

  • Your disability has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.

This is a strict definition of disability.

wallstreetfighter :

Another option for you is to ask for FMLA leave,

wallstreetfighter :

by doing this, you can have up to 12 weeks of unpaid job protected leave,

wallstreetfighter :

and during this time you could try to qualify for disability,

wallstreetfighter :

to be able to qualify you would need medical evidence showing your medical condition is severe enough to make you qualify,

wallstreetfighter and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


You can also apply for disability through the above website as well.