How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 56516
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping employers and employees.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked FT in an acute care hospital from June 1980 until

Customer Question

I worked FT in an acute care hospital from June 1980 until mid-Oct 1988. Would I be eligible for retirement compensation?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.
You would typically have a vested pension and retirement plan in place. You would reach out to the human resource department and ask for a statement, copy of policy and either a rollover or payout depending on your needs.
If you don't get a cooperative answer you may cheaply have a lawyer locally make the demand. Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 years ago. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.