Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I worked FT in an acute care hospital from June 1980 until

Customer Question
mid-Oct 1988. Would I...
I worked FT in an acute care hospital from June 1980 until mid-Oct 1988. Would I be eligible for retirement compensation?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Employment Law
7/14/2013
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.
You would typically have a vested pension and retirement plan in place. You would reach out to the human resource department and ask for a statement, copy of policy and either a rollover or payout depending on your needs.
If you don't get a cooperative answer you may cheaply have a lawyer locally make the demand. Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
Yes
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
Infolawyer, Lawyer