Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney
19958803

Are employee reviews to be conducted in a private place where

Are employee reviews to be conducted in a private place where review comments are not overheard.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
You will not be able to find any particular statute that addresses this because there are none. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches between an employer and emoployee relationship with regard to performance evaluations. The only duty of confidentiality that an employer has to an employee is to protect their personally sensitive information like SSN, DOB, and any medical history that they are privy to.
.
So literally, if an employer wanted to conduct reviews in front of the entire company in an auditorium, there is nothing that would prevent them from doing so. Obviously as a matter of practice, most employers try to conduct them in a private manner, but this is strictly their preference rather than a requirement.
.
To answer your question directly, no, there is no requirement that reviews be conducted in private.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.