How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 34065
Experience:  More than 30 years in legal practice.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help Im about to looses my job one of the people I work

This answer was rated:

I need help Im about to looses my job one of the people I work with has told me he is going to get me out. and he as been harrasing me.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to provide an honest and accurate answer to your question.

Before we begin, a bit more detail would be helpful please.

What is the nature of the harassment?

Is the harassment sexual or based upon your gender, race, age, etc?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is trying to get me fired. Iam white male and he keeps tilling me gone and has others doing the same thing including managers

Thank you for the additional information.

Do you have a written employment agreement or are you an at-will employee?

How old are you?

Why does he want to get you fired?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am a contingent. A full time employee for a another Co. I am 54 and don't want to find another Job other the the harrasment it has great working condition The firing is along story.Can i call you or you call me?937(NNN) NNN-NNNN


Unfortunately, offsite contact is prohibited by JA.

Do you believe you are being discriminated against due to your age?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No Another employee I work with at a differnt job and I found he was using the phone system to lessen in on my parts room desk. I told on him and he has told them at this work place that I am a F up so the last 2 times i have worked there they have tried to set me up and get me out.

Thank you for the additional information.

If another employee is making false statements about you, you can sue them for defamation. Actually, you would start with a cease and desist letter to anyone making these false accusations.

If this does not get a retraction, you will need to file suit for defamation. This cause of action is specifically for damage caused to one's reputation. To establish a prima facie case of defamation, four elements are generally required:

1. a false statement purporting to be fact concerning another person or entity;

2. publication or communication of that statement to a third person;

3. fault on the part of the person making the statement amounting to intent or at least negligence; and,

4. some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

This involves complex litigation and it is strongly advised that you retain local counsel to assist you in protecting your rights before taking any action in this matter.

If you need assistance in finding an attorney, contact your state or local bar association. You can also try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database of attorneys searchable by location and specialty.

It has been my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further assistance. I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you. I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.
Loren and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Randy, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It seem that I would be better off to go after Harrasment no one wants go after them on slander. But I need someone to stand

up for me.

It is a very difficult situation. Perhaps the HR department could help.

Otherwise, you just need to be strong and do your job well.

Thank you.