How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a co-worker/assitant manager that has falsely accused

This answer was rated:

I have a co-worker/assitant manager that has falsely accused me of numerous infraction. Some of these are serious in reference to accusation of myself sending inaapropriate pictures to customers. Other accusations against me include irresponsible behavior for property security and several other false accusations and intimidating me by cutting my hours and threating me if I complain to HR.

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Is there someone other than HR you could report this to without the threat of retaliation?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

General manager. I have spoke with him in reference to one incident and it was never adressed

I see. Thank you for clarifying the situation, Karen.

Unfortunately, this is not the type of retaliation that is typically prohibited by state law, but since you have tried to resolve the situation internally without success, I would suggest retaining a local employment law attorney for the limited purpose of communicating a demand to the employee who is engaging in the defamatory conduct against you and cutting your hours.

You could normally pursue a cause of action against them for defamation if you can prove their statements are false and you have obviously suffered damages by way of your hours being cut as a result of the defamatory conduct.

Often such situations can be resolved without having to resort to filing a lawsuit if the perpetrator wishes to avoid litigation and the possibility of a judgment being entered against them.

This would usually be the best option under these circumstances since other avenues have not stopped the employee's conduct.

Here is a link to the state bar association's website so you can obtain attorney referrals if you need them:

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!


Tina and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.


Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.