wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

I was terminated from Northwestern Medical Center in St Albans,

I was terminated from Northwestern Medical Center in St Albans, VT on Friday 5 July 2013. The date of the occurrence was 30 June 2013 early morning in the Emergency Department.
I am/was the Nursing Shift Administrator on duty and when I made my rounds in he ED, there was psych patient who was out of control, using very vulgar language and not calming down at all. There were 3 local police officers in the room with the patient, one of the officers had his tazer ready to use on the patient. I wish he would have as I would not be out of a job I love. After listening to this patient for about an hour I stood up and told him that I should shoot him in the head. I have no idea why I said such a thing. May be it was I had heard enough of his vulgar language and attacks on he crisis working. My Chief Nursing Officer told me she did an investigation but did not talk to the crisis counselor. I am concerned that they did not give me a chance to justify why I did this awful thing.
Please tell me if I should continue with this issue? I have been working there for 13 years, I am a veteran of Operation Iraq Freedom, and Enduring Freedom. I have served in the Army Reserves and Vermont National Guard for over 18 years. Thank you for your time.
Laura A. Pawulak, RN
XXX-XXX-XXXX

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is an unfortunate event,

wallstreetfighter :

you should try to fight the matter, as you did not take any adverse action against the patient, and a statement made out of anger, should not tarnish your career,

wallstreetfighter :

you may also want to file a discrimination complaint against the employer, claiming that this was discrimination due to your military background as well,

wallstreetfighter :

one such statement, should not have been enough to terminate you.

Customer:

That is what I thought. Thank you for your time sir.

wallstreetfighter :

I would also send a letter threatening a defamation lawsuit if they claim you were terminated for cause as well,

wallstreetfighter :

You can have an attorney send such a letter.

Customer:

Do you know of any employment Lawyers in Vermont?

wallstreetfighter :

You would have to contact the local bar association for the best employment attorneys in VT,

wallstreetfighter :

Or you can go to the link above,

wallstreetfighter :

Good luck, and if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback,

Customer:

Again thank you. I will try my best.

wallstreetfighter :

good luck

Customer:

I need it.

wallstreetfighter :

if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback,

wallstreetfighter : Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification
wallstreetfighter : This is an unfortunate event,
wallstreetfighter : you should try to fight the matter, as you did not take any adverse action against the patient, and a statement made out of anger, should not tarnish your career,
wallstreetfighter : you may also want to file a discrimination complaint against the employer, claiming that this was discrimination due to your military background as well,
wallstreetfighter : one such statement, should not have been enough to terminate you. Customer: That is what I thought. Thank you for your time sir.
wallstreetfighter : I would also send a letter threatening a defamation lawsuit if they claim you were terminated for cause as well,
wallstreetfighter : You can have an attorney send such a letter. Customer: Do you know of any employment Lawyers in Vermont?
wallstreetfighter : You would have to contact the local bar association for the best employment attorneys in VT,
wallstreetfighter : http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/Employment-Law-Employee/Vermont
wallstreetfighter : Or you can go to the link above,
wallstreetfighter : Good luck, and if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, Customer: Again thank you. I will try my best.
wallstreetfighter : good luck Customer: I need it.
wallstreetfighter : if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback,