How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19179
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was working for super 8 motel in Abilene texas for almost

This answer was rated:

I was working for super 8 motel in Abilene texas for almost five years after some problems I chose to leave the company. after about six months and my unemployment came through I receive a call to return to same place of employment. while im working I find out from the manager he feels I am the best hskp he has there. upon my departure I was making 7.90 per hour upon my return I find out im making 7.35 per hour. I have expressed my feelings to my boss and don't feel I am being treated equally to the others is my rate of pay legal or was I supposed to start back at what I left at. thank you

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.


There is nothing in the law that would require that you return at the rate that you were making unfortunately. Legally, they can pay everyone different rates if they want to.


You'd have to be able to allege that the only reason you are being paid less is your race, religion, gender, age, disability or FMLA use. Then you'd have to file a claim with the EEOC in your state.


Without being able to allege that, there is simply no legal action that you can take because it is not illegal to pay you at a different rate.

Allen M., Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you