Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

Hey, I am on H1B and was employed by this co. starting 21st

Hey,
I am on H1B and was employed by this co. starting 21st January this year when they started transfering my H1b. I worked for one of their clients through other vendors. They consistently failed to pay me on time and the right amount. So I decided to quit and left the co. on 10th May.2013. Now they still haven't paid me for the dates starting 03/15/2013 to 05/10/2013. I just want to know if they can do it legally and can i go to the department of labour against this ?

Thanks,
Aniruddha

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.

The better option is to use the Attorney General. File a wage claim through that office for unpaid wages.

Go here to read what you need to know about your state's wage claim process:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/doing-business-in-massachusetts/labor-laws-and-public-construction/file-a-wage-complaint.html