How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19169
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hey, I am on H1B and was employed by this co. starting 21st

This answer was rated:

I am on H1B and was employed by this co. starting 21st January this year when they started transfering my H1b. I worked for one of their clients through other vendors. They consistently failed to pay me on time and the right amount. So I decided to quit and left the co. on 10th May.2013. Now they still haven't paid me for the dates starting 03/15/2013 to 05/10/2013. I just want to know if they can do it legally and can i go to the department of labour against this ?


Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.


The better option is to use the Attorney General. File a wage claim through that office for unpaid wages.


Go here to read what you need to know about your state's wage claim process:

Allen M., Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you