How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12204
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel descriminated in my work.they send some people to the

This answer was rated:

I feel descriminated in my work.they send some people to the school and every semester they do a contest .on 2009 i won a plate,and i told the owner of the company and he did NOT DO NOTHING. any time that someone win they put the plate on the wall that way everyone can see it. the problem is that they only have white people plates on the wall.
today they came and asked me if i ever won a plate and i told them yes i have.after 4 years they never asked me nothing about it.and i found that a white man just won a plate and i'm very sure that they are going to put his on the wall.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

What you describe sounds like illegal discrimination based upon race. Generally speaking, the first step in dealing with illegal discrimination is to file a charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The EEOC is responsible for investigating illegal discrimination in the workplace. Once the EEOC investigates, it could agree that illegal discrimination took place, and attempt to work out a settlement with the employer. If the EEOC cannot work out a settlement, or if the EEOC does not find that there was illegal discrimination, then a person can request a right to sue letter, which gives her the right to sue her employer for violating the law. The EEOC's website, located HERE, explains how to file a charge.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.
TJ, Esq. and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you