TexLaw
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
17219180

I am a contractor in Illinois and work for a staffing company.

I am a contractor in Illinois and work for a staffing company. I have been on the same assignment for a year and a half. Is there a law about how long I can be a contractor in the same place?
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

There is no law which limits the amount of time one can be a contractor for the same party. It can be an indefinite relationship which goes on for as long as either party likes.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN