Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had problems with a coworker. He was verbally abusive to

I had problems with a coworker. He was verbally abusive to me and others. When he was hired in about 2007, I reported his hostile behavior to HR because I was in charge of the shop when the supervisor was on vacation. They assured me they would support me if I needed help. Long story short. He continued to display problems for years with others and I tried to work with him as best as I could do to the fact he was an older person taking care of a daughter with disability. Finally, I discovered that he had taking four photographs of me working on machines in the shop with out my permission. I reported this and his name calling to our new female manager. I told them I was done dealing with him. Months went by. He removed equipment from others work bench's. I confronted him calmly. He got aggravated stood up from behind his desk and said, "lets settle this then!" When he started to com at me , I put my guard up and backing up said, Woo!" I told my supervisor immediately, and left. Called HR and reported it. I was told to stay home a few days while they investigated it. He was fired for other reason included. But, when I came back, my manager, literally screamed at me! I received a poor review in spite of my best work of my life. I feel that it is unjustified? Do I have any legal options? Thank you
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: I am sorry to read about your difficulties at work. Unfortunately, you do not have any legal options at this time even if your supervisor's action is unjustified because your employer has not taken any adverse action against you such as suspension or termination because of the "poor review." However, if in the unfortunate event you are disciplined down the road because of this "poor review," then you can challenge the employer's action if the employer insists on letting the disciplinary action stand. At this time, apart from filing formal dispute of the "poor review" with your Human Resources Department for record keeping purposes, you do not have any other options.

I am sorry that I do not have better options for you. However, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate information eventhough that information may be quite unpleasant.

Let me know if you need further clarification.