How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 19304
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I as a union member file a complaint with the Dept. of

This answer was rated:

Can I as a union member file a complaint with the Dept. of Labor if my union Business Rep is not following the present contract between my union & one of our employeers

Thank you for your question today, I look forward to assisting you. I bring nearly 20 years of legal experience in various disciplines.


If your union business rep is not following the contract between the union and the employees, that is a matter for one of two places.


1. The National Labor Relations Board.


2. State court, suing for breach of contract.


The Department of Labor does not actually enforce union contracts or collective bargaining agreements.

Allen M., Esq. and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you