TexLaw
TexLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
17219180

I have a EEOC charge against my employer due to discrimination

Customer Question

I have a EEOC charge against my employer due to discrimination and retaliation. I were wrongful terminated and won my appeal. My case are in mediation process and one with the enforcement unit for process. I been out of work since 12/22/12. I had a package delivered to my home and the driver left my package in my yard and the dog got hold of my package and torn it over my yard. I call for a complaint and the Manager suppose to had call me back on 05/18/13. I call the dispute department back and they put me on hold and told me that they couldn't talk with me because of legal matter. This were no legal matter that I were complaining about were about my package that were torn over my yard. A co-worker called me and told me that the manger were not calling me he suppose to summit a email to his manger over the weekend.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I want to clear up some questions I have about this.

Who sent the package to you?

Was there any indication as to what was in the package after your dog tore it up?

Are you asking what you can do to have the package resent to you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
FedEx delivery driver.I call to report a claim of the damage package and customer service told me due to legal matters the manager could not talk to me about my claim
Expert:  TexLaw replied 4 years ago.
Well, I'm not sure that you can safely conclude that the package had anything to do with your EEOC claim.

You say a Fed Ex Deliver driver sent you the package??? I think you misunderstand me. The package was delivered by Fed Ex, but do you know who sent the package to you using Fed Ex?

In regard to the EEOC matter itself. You must go through mediation before the EEOC will grant you the right to sue letter. These things take time and its best to be patient. Plus the EEOC may be successful in negotiating a settlement on your behalf.