How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 118085
Experience:  20+ Years of Employment Law Experience
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a attny to write a letter to the school to put on record

Resolved Question:

I need a attny to write a letter to the school to put on record that a grivenace was in process to fied until my wife was put on medical leave. I want eh atny to write the letter BUT not act as her representation, esp since a potnetial notice under the due process needs to not be answered. If the school sees a attny representing her, I assume the potential notice of charges will be sent tothe attny and the school will say my wife received them. How do I get this done?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your new question, but we must apologize as nobody on this site can engage in personal representation and you would actually have to get a local attorney to represent her in this matter and you can locate a local attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, or

Generally, the attorney would present her case that she has applied for leave under FMLA, which was ordered by the doctor and request reasonable time for her to assist him to prepare the information the school is seeking and then the attorney will present the school the information. Generally, this will delay the school and its attorneys from taking action in most cases.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So can I got an attny to write the letter notifyig them a grevenace was to be filed, but state he does to represent her. I do want to have him and the school involved diretly as this could get very expensive. I just want the letter written but for it to state at this time the attny does not represent her. Can I pay an attny to jsut write this letter and decdie later if he represents her in later matters?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I am afraid that we cannot write such a letter, even if the letter states he does not represent her, legally the writing of the letter itself is indeed representation. You have to get a local attorney to do this I am sorry to say as this is a request beyond the legal scope of what we can provide through this site and its terms of service.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I get a local attny though to write the letter and in the letter state teh scope of his representaion? I don't want to involve a atty as teh go between on these issues - we can hadle everyhting else but just want teh letter written from a local attny now. is this possible? and what shoud the attny say in the letter so the school doesnt drag him into all other matters?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, you can get an attorney for limited scope representation try to get her more time to respond to these allegations and put her evidence together in her defense. The attorney would have to state they are representing her regarding only her rights to a reasonable time to present her evidence to defend herself given her severe medical condition you are saying the doctor is now claiming she has.
Law Educator, Esq. and 5 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you