How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide employment and discrimination law advice in my own practice.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently terminated from my job as an RN supervisor.

Customer Question

I was recently terminated from my job as an RN supervisor. They lied saying it was because the state was in due to a family complaint. My part was I did not document my findings on a supposed injury on said pt. There was no injury but they said it was because the state was in. Can I get unemployment?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional. Please permit me to assist you this afternoon.

Generally speaking under PA laws if you are terminated 'for cause', that is for clams of misconduct or for errors, then you are not eligible for unemployment benefits. If you file, the employer could contest and challenge your petition. You could still file and claim that their termination was without cause or merit, bring evidence to the state proving that their grounds were not accurate, and try to get the state to still grant you payments. But at least as far you have described this situation currently, if you apply you will most likely be initially denied on grounds that their termination of you was 'for cause'.

Hope that helps.

Related Employment Law Questions