Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I worked for a company when i was hired on 4/29/13 they told

Customer Question
me my salary was $9hr...
I worked for a company when i was hired on 4/29/13 they told me my salary was $9hr i started the same day. They were very unorganized because I was never given a schedule, I would practicly go in at w.e time I wanted btwn 8:30-9:30 . I got fired on may 9th for being 7minutes late (i showed up at 8:37) but technically I was never given a schedule or anything today I went to pick up my check and my pay rate was 7.25 a different salary then what i was told in the beggining. I spoke to the accountant and she said if i would have never gotten fired my paycheck would've came to $9hr but since i got fired they're paying me $7.25 . This is completely unfair can I sue them ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Employment Law
5/14/2013
Employment Lawyer: wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer replied 4 years ago
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

This is wrong, and the employer is taking advantage of you, if you were promised a $9 an hour wage,

wallstreetfighter :

you should be entitled to this, and under NY law you can file an official wage compliant against the employer for the lowered wage given to you,

wallstreetfighter :

You will have to show that the employer promised a $9 wage, and if you can show this, the NY Labor office will force them to pay you.

wallstreetfighter :

Wage and Hour/Labor Standards - State Agency

New York Department of Labor
Division of Labor Standards

Albany District Office
State Office Campus
Bldg. 12, Room 185A
Albany, NY 12240
Phone: (518) 457-2730
Fax: (518) 457-8452
Counties Served: Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Green, Hamilton, Montgomery, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Ulster, Warren, Washington
New York City District Office
345 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
Phone: (212) 352-6700
Fax: (212) 352-6593
Counties Served: Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens, Richmond
Binghamton District Office
State Office Bldg.
44 Hawley St.
Room 909
Binghamton, NY 13901
Phone: (607) 721-8014
Fax: (607) 721-8013
Counties Served: Allegany, Broome, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Schuyler, Steuben, Sullivan, Tioga, Tompkins, Yates
Rochester Sub-District Office
109 South Union Street
Room 318
Rochester, NY 14607
Phone: (585) 258-4550
Fax: (585) 258-4556
Counties Served: Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Wayne, Wyoming
Buffalo District Office
65 Court Street
Room 202
Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone: (716) 847-7141
Fax: (716) 847-7140
Counties Served: Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Niagara
Syracuse District Office
333 East Washington Street
Room 121
Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: (315) 428-4057
Fax: (315) 428-4001
Counties Served: Cayuga, Herkimer, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Jefferson, Onondaga, Oswego, St. Lawrence, Seneca
Garden City Office
Suite 101
400 Oak Street
Garden City, NY 11530-6551
Phone: (516) 794-8195
Fax: (516) 794-1046
Counties Served: Nassau, Suffolk
White Plains District Office
120 Bloomingdale Road
White Plains, NY 10605
Phone: (914) 997-9521
Fax: (914) 997-8780
Counties Served: Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Westchester

Web Address: http://www.labor.state.ny.us/workerprotection/laborstandards/labor_standards.shtm

wallstreetfighter :

You would contact the local wage office for them to pursue this matter.

wallstreetfighter :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

wallstreetfighter :

If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback.

wallstreetfighter :

Thank you

wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer