How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 12359
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was fired from my job, my employer never gave me any pay

This answer was rated:

I was fired from my job, my employer never gave me any pay stubs. How can i get him to give me copies. Also how do i find out if he was taking out the right amount for my deductions?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Your employer was required by law to provide you with a pay statement with each paycheck. The pay statement must itemize all deductions.

Accordingly, your employer is in violation of the law. If your employer deducted too much, then you basically have a wage claim. You should contact the Department of Labor to explain the problem and seek their assistance in getting pay statements so that you can determine if you were correctly paid. You can reach the Department of Labor here: CLICK HERE.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.
TJ, Esq. and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you