How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 20393
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs. exp in Employment Law
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have worked for an employer since 9 July 2012, I have not

This answer was rated:

I have worked for an employer since 9 July 2012, I have not been paid since 20 Oct 2012. What can I do?

Are you saying that you have continued to work for an employer who hasn't paid you at all? Are you a W-2 employee? What have you tried to do to resolve the issue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I continued to work with the promise that the pay would come eventually. I am leaving because I can not continue to work for no pay.

Thank you for your reply. However, you didn't answer two of my questions. I need to know if you are a W-2 employee and also specifically what you have done to try to resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am a W-2 employee. I have asked for my pay, the answer is that there are no funds but when a contract come in there will be. No contracts.

Alright, well you have two options. One is to a wage claim with the State. You can find out how to do that at:
The other option is to file suit. I would recommend that you try to file a wage claim first, since that will not involve a court or litigation.

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Marsha411JD and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you